About Jessica Travis
I teach PSFA-100 and RTM-413: one course focusing on my sustainability background and the other on the arts, culture and tourism field of my work. When I’m not on campus, I’m extremely lucky to work in one of our nation’s largest urban cultural parks—Balboa Park. There, I stay connected to SDSU students through internships and in partnership with professor Vinod Sasidharan on a few of his courses. The best thing I like about the program is witnessing the passion and creativity that students bring to the discussion and projects.
- I’ve played a single note on the Spreckels Organ in Balboa Park – the largest outdoor organ in the world.
- I learned to ski in Vail and snorkel in Tahiti.
- I’ve climbed almost all the roofs in Balboa Park, overlooking downtown and the Coronado Bridge.
- I played the baritone (think baby tuba) in middle school band.
- I’m a huge Barcelona soccer fan, thanks to my husband.
- BA, Business Administration, University of San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Certificate - Sustainable Business Practices, UC San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Certificate - Executive Education for Sustainability Leadership, Harvard, Boston, MA