Sycuan Institute On Tribal Gaming (SITG)
Research Topics of Interest
Below is a list of possible research topics that the Research Center would be interested in funding. Although priority is given to research projects that fall under these 5 general topics, the Center is open to receiving grant proposals on other relevant topics as well.
- Regulatory/Legal Issues: licensing, compacts, rights of tribes against states and vice versa, taxation, accounting, etc
- Policy and Political Issues: state/federal intervention, caps, issues of sovereignty, guidelines regarding use of revenues, etc.
- Economic Development: use of revenues to improve life for tribal members, diversifying assets, building sustainable communities, etc.
- Tribal Culture: inter-tribal conflict, how tribal culture affects Indian gaming, maintaining Native American cultures, balancing heritage vs. operating in the 21st century, trust/mistrust between tribes, etc.
- Economic Factors in Surrounding Community: economic factors that influence players and disposable income, contributions to community, etc.
Sycuan Institute Quick Links